Support Forum

Learn and share all about your Volvo Car

Register and join the discussion

Start
Volvo On Call

In this section you can ask questions about Volvo On Call and all related services.

VoC not working 

MH
I bought a XC90 from an authorized dealer in Canada. Now I brought it to China. Any idea how I can activate the VoC service in China?
MH

2/25/2016

0 link
Paradox
Ambassador
I'm sure someone who works within Volvo can assist when they see the thread, but please don't post the same thing in two separate forums ( your other thread is here: http://www.volvolifepaint.com/forum/topic455-voc-cannot-work.aspx#post1961 )

Thank You

--
Owner of a 2016 XC90 First Edition since May 2015.
Paradox
Ambassador

2/25/2016

0 link
MH
I posted under XC90 first. Then realised it should be more appropriate to put it here.
MH

2/26/2016

0 link
Sarah Brown
Volvo Cars
Hi! In order to get it to work you need to visit a dealer in China and get the car updated. The SIM card you currently have in your car will not work in China and the certificate of the car is wrong so this demands some workshop job. Hope it clarified and wish you luck in China! Regards,

--
Sarah Brown
Topic Expert - Volvo Cars.
Sarah Brown
Volvo Cars

2/26/2016

0 link
MH
Hi Sarah,

I did check with the dealers in China. They all refused to provide support to me as my car was bought from Canada not from China. I really don't know how to sort this out. Would you be able to help advise?

Sarah Brown wrote:
Hi! In order to get it to work you need to visit a dealer in China and get the car updated. The SIM card you currently have in your car will not work in China and the certificate of the car is wrong so this demands some workshop job. Hope it clarified and wish you luck in China! Regards,

edited by MH on 2/26/2016
MH

2/26/2016

0 link
MH
Any feedback/suggestions to solve the problem? Thanks!

MH wrote:
Hi Sarah,

I did check with the dealers in China. They all refused to provide support to me as my car was bought from Canada not from China. I really don't know how to sort this out. Would you be able to help advise?

Sarah Brown wrote:

edited by MH on 2/26/2016
MH

2/29/2016

0 link
MH
Any expert from Volvo can help?
MH

3/1/2016

0 link
louisd
When I bought mine in the US I actually had to sign an agreement not to export... Does the same policy not exist in Canada?
louisd

3/1/2016

0 link
MH
I don't remember I signed this. It also sounds ridiculous to put this restriction for customers.

louisd wrote:
When I bought mine in the US I actually had to sign an agreement not to export... Does the same policy not exist in Canada?
MH

3/2/2016

0 link
MH
Anyone from Volvo can help?
MH

3/3/2016

0 link
MH
This is my first Volvo car. So disappointed with its customer support.......
MH

3/6/2016

0 link
MH
Volvo Expert asked the car VIN. But has not given any feedback after that.

11 days ago

SensusNavigation
Volvo Cars
Hi,
Can you please send your VIN so we can check the specification of your car. We don´t ask for VINs in the forum threads as these should not be distributed publically

--
Topic Expert - Sensus, Navigation, CarPlay, XC90 Courtesy Upgrade
reply with quote delete
10 days ago

MH
Thanks for your help! VIN: YV4A22PKXG****** It's a XC90 T6

SensusNavigation wrote:
Hi,
Can you please send your VIN so we can check the specification of your car. We don´t ask for VINs in the forum threads as these should not be distributed publically
reply with quote delete

edited by MH on 3/8/2016
MH

3/8/2016

0 link
MH
Still no response...
MH

27 days ago

0 link
Sarah Brown
Volvo Cars
Hi! We have informed the China Sales Company support about your case. There is a process for "change of market" that the dealer you visited obviously doesn't know about. Please get in contact with: http://www.volvolifepaint.com/zh-cn/footer/contact-us Volvo Customer Service Center Hotline : 400-678-1200

Kind Regards,

--
Sarah Brown
Topic Expert - Volvo Cars.
Sarah Brown
Volvo Cars

27 days ago

0 link
MH
Thanks for the help! I called the China hotline and it was frustrating. No one knows about "change of market" process. Do you know if this process has been completed? Or could you pls give me a contact person in China Volvo who may help on this locally?

Sarah Brown wrote:
Hi! We have informed the China Sales Company support about your case. There is a process for "change of market" that the dealer you visited obviously doesn't know about. Please get in contact with: http://www.volvolifepaint.com/zh-cn/footer/contact-us Volvo Customer Service Center Hotline : 400-678-1200

Kind Regards,

MH

24 days ago

0 link
MH
How can I sort it out?

Sarah Brown wrote:

Kind Regards,

MH

20 days ago

0 link
MH
Another 7 days passed. Still no further response.
MH

12 days ago

0 link
MH
Waiting for the reply...
MH

6 days ago

0 link